Thursday, January 19, 2006

Go in peace, or stay and play!

Hi Guys…. Happy New Year.

Haven’t blogged for a while, sorry. Christmas threw my routine completely. I’ve just about got my sleeping patterns together after time off over the holidays. No work, so didn’t get tired, so still still reading at 3 am, so couldn’t get up in the morning!! First day back at school my son woke us up at 8.20 – we slept through the alarm – fastest we have ever got ready and left the house!!

I think I also needed a while to reflect on the comments left for me recently. I think I see where the brothers are coming from, but if you want to take the post below as a thinking or opinions post then… I probably won’t bother. By the way, funny as some of the post is, it doesn’t reflect my views of relationships and, though I observe the reality of some of it, all it really tells us is what we already know - that we are different from women. The interesting bit for me is how to work that out in relationship in a loving win / win situation.

So, am I gonna stick to just opinons? I don’t think so. I offer the process for your benefit. Knowing that it's hard for us guys to talk about lots of this stuff. The purpose is to firstly explore level 5 for myself and secondly to see if my stuff chimes with you.

If it doesn’t it could be you are not wired for a single spark of emotion, but then you may be in denial of that, or have no idea of how to see / feel / share the deeper magic? Whatever, if my stuff doesn’t do it for you – that’s fine. Doesn’t negate who I am, or who you are – so go in peace.


Otherwise, I hope that my level 5 is bearable and that seeing it tried by someone else helps you to reflect who you are and where you are. I was listening to a leader of an national organisation at the weekend talk about his love of orienteering. You're stuck in the middle of somewhere, given a map, and told to get to a particular point. The trouble is, unless you know where you start from, you have no chance of plotting a route. Dig?

Isn't it true that we often realise what we think or feel about something when we have to articulate it to someone else. It's true for me. Hope you'll stay and journey with me. Welcome back. x

No comments: