Wednesday, May 31, 2006

5 words, 2 songs, honesty and a carrot

One of my heroes is a man called Pip Wilson. Watched him strut his stuff in the Greenbelt venue 'Rolling Magazine' 20-25 years ago and now feel privileged to call him a friend.

We will be working together again tomorrow with a small group of people and I am looking forward to it. Have an idea to ask each person there to hold out their hands to receive two gifts. One will be a carrot which will be placed in their right palm. The other will not be given, nor even be there with us, nor will it ever be given. Can you guess what it is? Answers on a postcard, or just post a comment.....

Pip has a question he likes to ask - name five words to describe your life at the moment?

A couple of weeks ago we were having a beer and I selected these:

  1. pressing
  2. determined
  3. needy
  4. honest?
  5. still

Unfortunately, when Pip blogged them (http://www.pipwilson.com/) he omitted the question mark - unintentional I'm sure.

It changes the meaning considerably doesn't it. I was wondering if, when and how often I am really honest with myself. Still pondering that one...will get back to you.

Today:

  1. Honest?
  2. Tired
  3. Secure
  4. Unchallenged
  5. Uneasy

Meanwhile, Pip's friend Julie Benson has posed this one: (Hope I am not breaking any copyright here, Pip?) "What are two of the most beautiful songs you know?"

I think I will opt for: [1] Walk On - U2 [2] Like a Star - Corinne Bailey Rae (because it's current)

So, take your pick:

  • five words
  • two beautiful songs
  • honest?
  • what's the withheld present?

No comments: