Thursday, February 22, 2007

Glass-half-full guy today

Hi y'all

Hope you're having a good week. Pleased to be back to regular blogging, if not frequent!

Still thinking about 'peripheral' - see blog 6/2/07.

I am wondering how far being on the periphery is a personal decision for an adult? For me? Is feeling peripheral a glass-half-empty-response on my part? One that fails to be proactive, take initiative, and find a place of acceptance, even if that is only with myself?

Maybe that has come about without my realising it. Perhaps the view from the boundary is all I've known and I therefore don't step onto the pitch. But, I'm getting bored watching the game. Want to be fully involved.

Anyway, I have choice, right? Choice to change. Affect change. Set the course of direction. Determine the pace. Select my outfit for the journey even!


Talking of which, I am going to the North East this evening, (via Oxford to drop Ned at his mum's!) for a conference Friday / Saturday in a large church , related to my Psychotherapy training. Looking forward to what God is going to do for the church, for me, and the benefit to my training.
Staying with good friends in Yarm for the weekend so will have a lot of fun, bar the driving, though will have some grooves and soulful melodies to accompany me! Long run in my new car too.

So, feeling like I'm a glass-half-full guy today. This week. Taking control. Making positive choices. Taking risks. Speaking up. Stepping out of my comfort zone. Feels good...if not a tad scary!

No comments: