Thursday, April 20, 2006

Breaking news...

Making enquiries at the moment about registering for a Certificate in Communication and Counselling skills, the course being an introduction to counselling and psychotherapy.

This is primarily about attaining skills with sufficient theory (to underpin) to give an understanding of the three broad streams of psychotherapy: humanistic, cognitive-behavioural and psychodynamic. Will tell you what that all means when I find out !!!!

This feels like the right direction for me following on from my Leadership and Theology course, the personal therapy work I have been doing, the pastoral work I already undertake and, above all, God's calling on my life to use my soap-opera past (!) for the benefit of others. This seems to be affirmed by those I respect too.

This isn't a career change, yet. Though it is possible that this could lead to formal training and a qualification, I am not sure whether it is probable. One step at a time, eh!

The long weekend was great - lots of work, rest and play (as predicted). Ned learning to ride his bike without stablisers was great fun and we had a great time over 6 days seeing lots of friends, finishing the garden pergola, chilling out, and quality time to remember and celebrate Easter.

Only downside is that having stopped work I seem to have come down with a cold or something so not 100%. However, seeing my old mucker Bazzer tonight for a yarn. Will be talking until the proverbial cows come home!! Level 5 all the way, no doubt.

1 comment:

Pip Wilson BHP said...

... GOOD STUFF ....... becoming ........ the road less travelled .......beauty room