Friday, April 28, 2006

How green is my valley....

How busy is my week! Another week of my life gone and my absence from Blog world has been noted.

Busy you say? Indeed, went to Manchester on Saturday afternoon after a very strange Friday night. Played footie and actually scored a couple of crackers (first for a while!) and came home to chill out in front of Have I got news for you, Mel & Griff and then Eric Morecombe - laughed lots.

Bath and bed by midnight, but feeling really ill - nothing particularly. Slept 3 lovely hours then woke for no reason and dozed for an hour and a half. So got up at 4.30 and started making music compilations for the journey North!

Just as well, leaving at midday, I forgot that the FA Cup semi-final was at Old Trafford and spent ages on the M6 with Chelsea motorists. Ignored the very long queue for the direct route on the M56, kept going North, eventually looped back South on the clear ring road - bizarre.

Anyway, Saturday's party - joint birthday do for Helen and Melissa - only knew one person there before 5pm that day but had a lot of fun meeting friends and family - almost all in fancy dress! Have never seen so many superheroes in one venue! The Incredibles and Buzz Lightyear won the prizes. Duff Man stole the show, closely followed be He-Man and She-La !!!!

Sunday lunch spent in glorious sunshine outside the Slug and Lettuce in Didsbury laughing at the toilet escapades of Harry P0tter's wand - you had to be there !!!

Spinning lots of plates at work - had meetings yesterday at the GLA building on the South Bank and at Brentford FC concerning the Olympics and, funnily enough, football - the latter with the Chaplain from Manchester United FC - check out http://www.kicklondon.org.uk/

Last night I was DJ at a YMCA Cultural Evening featuring sets as follows: Polish dance ‘Krakowiak’; South Indian Classical Dance ‘Bharatanatyam’; American Hip-hop; Spanish Salsa workshop; Punjabi Bhangra Mix; plus traditional food from various countries, an African clothes fashion show and an International Auction.

Have to admit this is not usually my bag (unless I'm in the country at the time then I will actively explore the culture) but the evening was fab. Organised by our International Volunteer from the Ukraine. Proceeds will sponsor children from one of our projects to visit Kiev.

Broken news - still feeling on the up after last week. Conversations since all positive. Looks like the study won't happen until the autumn though?

May Day - Gonna be busy again this Bank Holiday weekend with a wedding, seeing friends; more daredevil cycling from Ned (I hope!), and some time to chill too.

Can I leave you with a thought? Questions first.....

  • What do you hope for?
  • Are you suffering in any way?
  • Do you need to keep going with something?
"Rejoice in hope
be patient in suffering
persevere in prayer!
... Romans 12:12 from the New Testament
I have a hope; personal experience that prayer works, and my life is relatively free of suffering (though requiring patience!). Hope that's not a gloat, but I must say...

How green is my valley.

No comments: