Thursday, March 23, 2006

Grapple Fans & Bush Kangaroos

"And welcome Grapple Fans..." was the introduction (as far as I remember) to the wrestling on ITV's World of Sport, Saturday afternoons. My dad used to love it: Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy (real name Shirley something?), Rocco, Mick McManus and co including a hooded character I can't quite place?

Don't know why I thought of that, but these days we have WWF - I hate it. It is violent, false, demeaning and has nothing good about it. Grrrrrr.

Feeling positive right now (despite the rant above!!). Feel I am understanding myself a little bit more and I feel more confident for it. More aware. More in control. Relaxed.

Still working on my smiling... can even scold Ned and smile now. Or pretend to smile when I don't feel like it, which actually makes us both laugh because of the bizarre contortions of my face!

Try this: when you are out walking with someone - doesn't have to be a child - see if one of you can skip 15 yards to the other...WITHOUT smiling. Then switch. It's almost impossible to do. You can't help but smile. Ned, myself and others have had fun with that for years. Doh!

Now I'm thinking of Skippy... Skippy... Skippy, the bush kangaroo....

Not going there, besides I doubt they would allow the term 'bush kangaroo' these days !!!! (Ooh you are awful !!!!). Captain Pugwash and his crew were bad enough... NO COMMENTS PLEASE !!!!!

No comments: