Friday, March 10, 2006

That was the week that was

What a week. Busy every night. Ups and down. Finishing it feeling strong. In summary:

Monday - Vision night - thinking about the year ahead for our church. Brilliant that we gave away £110,000 this last year. Excited about the plans ahead. "better to fail trying than to fail to try".

Heard about another male suicide at lunchtime. 4th in six/eight months - what is going on guys? See my post on 2nd November "Uno, dos, tres.... "

Tuesday - parenting support group - thinking about how Ned perceives my love and what I need to do to adjust my behaviour to meet his needs. For instance, for Lent I haven't given anything up, but last week I decided I must smile more. Ned agreed !! I think when I am listening to Ned and he is describing his day I am too intent (listening for issues like bullying, performance or whatever) and probably look rather stern! I need to lighten up and respond in more overtly positive ways. SMILE!

Later - friend came over. Tragic news in her family. One of the toughest things I have ever heard. Can't say more - confidential.

Wednesday - line management meeting with Tom, football coach. Good planning time. He's a *

Felt I was hard on a friend this afternoon and perhaps hurt him. It hurt me to think so because he has been so gracious - I cannot always understand why such a great man would spend time with me - there it is again..."am I lovable" Bob Marley: "could ya be, could ya be, could ya be loved?

Thursday - a very dear friend lost his mum today. He is devasted, having no close family now.
He has asked me to support him at the funeral next Thursday and I am honoured. He has been an amazing support to me over 20 years.

M, know you are struggling too. Feio. You're on my mind and in my prayers. Likewise Jean.

Friday - intensive study weekend on team building. Hosting at my house tonight. Missing tomorrow morning because although I got the dates right I wrote them down in February - Doh! So, will be at Dads and Lads tomorrow. Great session last week so hoping for the same again.

Crucial six nations matches this weekend - looking forward to those.
Going home now.
Grace abounds.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: