Monday, October 10, 2005

Ask and it shall be given....

Do you remember John Gray's book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus?" I read it when married. Indeed my wife liked it so much that the follow up seemed a dead cert for a Christmas present: "How to get what you want and want what you get". Sadly times were more rocky by then. I bought it for her and she didn't want it! Humble pie for me in Waterstones....

I also love the line from U2 - " I gave her everything she wanted, it wasn't what she wanted"

Did you see the film "What women want"? Mel Gibson plays an overbearing, arrogant a*#%hole who appears to be Mr Perfect, but actually - by some bizarre twist in the plot (I use the term loosely) - can read womens minds?

Which leads me to neatly (!!!!!!) on to:

A thought about prayer from an American confederate soldier:

I asked for strength, that I might achieve

I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things

I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy

I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men

I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life

I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for – but everything I had hoped for.

  • What do you ask for?
  • What do you hope for?
  • What do you want?
  • What do you need?

1 comment:

Ali Campbell said...

Mate, you are prolific! I can barely get stuff on my blogs once a month - maybe trying to run three is being stupid?!

Will keep in touch and "dialogue" more once settled in new place. We will be in the Foresters from 8pm, whenever you can join in?