Friday, October 21, 2005

TTFN...

Have a week off for half term. Looking forward to spending the time with my son. Seeing good friends in the North East, who I haven't seen this year yet, so excited about that. We will be listening to a 70's radio adaptation of the Hobbit on our journey and probably working our way through a bunch of Trivial Pursuit question cards, as well as some funky tunes, chatting and laughing. Love it!

Seeing my (adoptive) parents later in the week, who I haven't seen for four years - not so sure about that! Mixed feelings - may well go down the line of enquiring whether they are at all interested in maintaining a relationship? If not, then I am wondering about proposing that we call it a day. At least to have closure. Or would it be? I hadn't spoken to them since December 2003 until last week, when Ned asked whether they were still alive, so we rang!

If that goes pear-shaped then will be at Hampton Court for the day with one of Ned's best mates, and mum, who is a lovely lady, married to a good man. In a sea of insecurity I find there is something secure in having friendships with nuclear family units!

So, take care blokes.

'He who never hurt ridicules the scars of others' William Shakespeare

No comments: