Friday, June 02, 2006

Coming up this weekend...

... is very little, except free time PLANNED, to be with my son.

Chilled time in the mornings. Getting up s l o w l y !!

To the park: to kick a ball, to cycle, run, laugh, celebrate goals scored and saves made. New distances travelled in the bike. Seeing friends. Reading. Homework. Birthdays. Church.

I love being a dad. Trying to let Ned make more decisions for himself. Learning ... gradually... both of us. Sometimes he doesn't want to think, just let me choose... what to wear... to eat... etc.

If Ned can get used to making choices now in the little things, making mistakes and working through them, then he should be better equipped for the bigger stuff that comes with adolescence.

Praying for him cos I find it scary. Ned, I think, is cool !!

Have a great weekend, whatever you do.

Love is a drug - be a dealer then an addict :o)

No comments: