Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The despised

Still processing my new 'reality' but have been feeling great since the course ended at the weekend. Smacked a golf ball around 18 holes yesterday and (deep joy) beat Mark to level the series! Seriously had to hold back some level 5 gloating !!

However, this afternoon someone from my past unexpectedly made contact. I have clearly hurt this person (as have others) and apparently now fit into a category known as 'the despised'. I probably deserve this praise. Saying sorry seemed empty, inadequate and, indeed, was not well received. It is difficult to hear... though [it seems] not as hard as it is for them. I wonder why they emailed? The person I remember was one of the loveliest I knew, and was genuinely there for me.

I hope they have not, or will not, become one of the untouchables whose hearts are hard - unable to trust.

"Just like old Daniel felt(?)" Please... don't become like me.

No comments: