Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Talking to yourself!

Interesting twice in so many days two separate friends have raised talking to yourself! I quote:

"I felt feelings of ............. tension, conflict, and more. Then I relaxed. I named the feelings as I steered the car to Kent ......... naming the feelings is so vital because 'otherwise' we get caught up in the feelings without knowing what they are ...... and how they got in the gut and start twisting life and soul.. ................Attitudes and feelings feed behaviour:- - and I believe we need to search out the source of our behaviour - not just lash ourselves because of our imperfection"

Then at the weekend, a friend who paces the room talking to God. Telling Him what's going on in his mind, his circumstances. Working them through, outloud.

So?

My son started back at school yesterday. That means back to the treadmill after a summer recess. Picking him up by 6pm from after school club, cooking, eating dinner, sorting out the laundry, running the bath, bedtime and a story. All this with barely anytime to play PS2! (currently Shrek 2!)

The treadmill - the pressure I feel at the lowest point of my day - when I'm tired from work and haven't yet eaten - the interruptions that can cause me to explode - "can I have a drink? I'm hungry what's for dinner. Look at this! Dad...come here a minute please".

So, about two months ago I started to have an inner conversation when I feel the pressure growing and the anger rising. But I've only just started. And I'm only just learning. And I'm not good at it yet.

Ring any bells?

(By the way, it would have been my 19th wedding anniversary today, first time around)

1 comment:

Dan said...

Never mind Tech Bytes (free-loading marketeer!!), if you want to see the source of my quote and other pearls of wilson from one of my personal heroes, check out http://pipwilsonbhp.blogspot.com/